Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Kane Hughes Limited.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (tradeslocated.co.uk) that you may access directly or through another website, or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. It includes basic personal data required for you to be able to use our site, request a quote and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your full name, address, e-mail address and phone number. It may also include specific details about the job you need doing, such as the description of the type of work you need carrying out for example.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources.
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, credit reference agencies and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How do we use the information?
We will only use personal data when appropriate. Typically, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to carry out our obligations arising from jobs you post and to provide you with any information that you request. This will involve us passing on your information to potential tradespeople to enable them to contact you to provide you with quotes;
- to provide you with information about our service and support, relating to but not limited, to posting jobs.
- to provide you with information from third parties about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services and only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- To provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- to understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine personal data about you from selected third parties that we work with or that provide us with a service (such as payment services for example) and public sources.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information, this can be with our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
You acknowledge and agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Select business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kane Hughes Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kane Hughes Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you exercise your right of access on the information held about you in accordance with the act it may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.